The Crisis Youth Refuge Goulburn provides emergency and short-term accommodation and support to young people aged from 16-17 years (younger people may be assessed in special circumstances) inclusive who are vulnerable, disadvantaged, homeless or those at risk of disadvantage and homelessness and their families.
The Service aims to provide assistance to young people where they can:
- Access improved living situations
- Achieve restoration and/or reconciliation with their families (where appropriate)
- Locate and move to other supported accommodation or independent living situations
- Crisis, emergency and short-term accommodation
- Crisis intervention
- Support, supervision, care
- Family support
- Living skills, social skills and personal development programs
- Information, referral, liaison with other agencies, advocacy
- Assessment, interviewing, basic counselling (including financial), mediation
- Assistance in obtaining safe, long-term housing on exit
The Service is flexible and can support young people through a range of service delivery methods including case management, case work and casual assistance.
The Crisis Youth Refuge is funded under the NSW Government's SHS Services provisions.