Education and support services, including groups, programs and recreational activities, for young people aged from 12 to 24 years who are vulnerable, disadvantaged and homeless or at risk of disadvantage and homelessness to promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
The Program also provides support to youth workers and services working with young people in the community in the field of nutrition, health and well being.
HAPY provides a range of services, including:
- Physical exercises
- Direct access to a mini gym
- Walking groups
- Ball games eg, basketball, soccer etc,
- Personal trainer for individual programs
- Access to local leisure centre for swimming, aerobics and other activities
- Nutrition and cooking classes
- Dietitian clinic
- Health education and information session
- Dissemination of information
HAPY is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care, through the 'Healthy Active Australia' Community and Schools Grants Program.