CAFS is an early intervention service aiming to intervene early in the identification of risk. The Program supports families with children and young people, up to the age of 17 years, who are showing early signs of emerging, or who are at risk of developing, mental health issues. The target group includes those affected by the mental health issues of another family member. CAFS has a primary focus on the child or young person, while working in a whole of family context, to improve their well-being and reach their full potentials.
The Service can visit you in your home, other community venues or our office and is offered in the Wollongong and the Shellharbour - Kiama Statistical Areas and provides :
- Information and referral
- Practical assistance, advice and support
- Conflict resolution and mediation
- Assessment, goal setting and case planning
- Basic counselling - family and individual
- Telephone counselling and support
- Liaison with other services
- Skills education
- Community education and capacity building
This Service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.