The Queanbeyan Youth Refuge predominately provides emergency and short-term accommodation and support to young people 16-17 years (younger people may be assessed in special circumstances) at risk of becoming homeless.
The Service aims to provide assistance to young people and their families by:
- Achieving restoration and/or reconciliation within the family (where appropriate)
- Locate and move to other supported accommodation or independent living situations
- Crisis, emergency and short-term accommodation
- Crisis intervention
- Family support
- Living skills, social skills and personal development programs
- Information, referral, liaison and advocacy with other agencies
- Mediation, assessment and basic counselling (including financial)
- Assistance and support in obtaining and maintaining safe, long-term housing.
The Service is flexible and can support young people through a range of service delivery methods including case management, casework and casual on-off assistance.
The Crisis Youth Refuge is funded under the NSW Government's SHS Services provisions.