The Newly Arrived Youth Specialist is a specialist component of RAFT providing a specific focus on assisting young people and their families who have migrated to Australia in the last five years. Priority is given to those who have entered Australia on humanitarian visas. NAYS can assist families with young people aged between 12 to 21 years who are vulnerable, disadvantaged, homeless or those at risk.
The Service can visit you in your home, other community venues or our office. Services provided include:
- Information and referral
- Practical assistance, advice and support
- Conflict resolution and mediation
- Assessment, goal setting and case planning
- Basic counselling - family and individual
- Telephone counselling and support
- Liaison with other services
- Skills education
- Community education and capacity building
NAYS is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Social Services (DSS) Reconnect Program.